Friday 19 June 2015

Less than 24 hours to go

Less than 24 hours We are nearly there, excitement and nervousness all in one! It still hasn’t really sunk in that I am talking part this year in some ways I still feel like I’ll be doing my normal marshalling slot at Rushen I’m sure that feeling will soon disappear when I am on the start line!! Whatever happens over the next 48 hours the whole walking experience has been a good one and I’m sure I’ll continue walking in the future whether its 5km – 20km events I’m keen to try and improve my times. Although I know most of the walking community through being involved in athletics for nearly 30 years I have met allot of new people who have been really supportive and helpful, if anyone is reading this and is not involved and is thinking about getting involved in walking definitely do it, it’s a great sport. I’m the sort of person who struggles with attention to detail so making sure I have enough food and my support is going to be in the right place at the right time is proving stressful but learning from my Sara Killey experience food and support are crucial to hopefully getting round! Although I haven’t blogged as much as I should I’ve enjoyed writing them and as I started my first blog back in December a big thank you to all the volunteers who will be helping to make this weekend the fantastic event that it is. Best of luck to everyone taking part, hopefully it will be a positive experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment